Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take to get my idea into the program?
- I'm worried about disclosing my idea. How can I protect it... ?
- Where can I get more training?
- Can I use the output report as a business plan?
- How does the Idea Composer rate my idea?
- Can I use the Idea Composer on my Mac?
- The Idea Composer is a modeling program. You will get answers almost immediately, but refinement comes with adding new information as you get it, then making new assumptions by trying out a different set of circumstances such as a new price, higher overhead or budget, more employees, a raise - etc.
- At some point you may want to patent the idea. In the meantime be very careful to whom you disclose your concept details. The Idea Composer provides a built-in log and serialization method that tracks any and all reports of your idea to other parties. You can also keep track of any Non-Disclosure Agreements within the log.
Where can I get more training
- With the Idea Composer comes the
optional Coach Works Program. Coaches are trained specialists in
using the Idea Composer and experts in advising clients on how
Idea Composer data applies
to their specific business concepts. There are also training courses and
video instruction for important subjects related to starting a
new business. We provide a basic training series called the
Money Boot Camp. This service is provided free to our members
and customers. You can sign up on the
- Yes, the Idea Composer includes a Executive Summary report as well as a more extensive output report. A true business plan includes pro-forma profit and loss, balance sheets and other traditional accounting reports not needed by the Idea Composer for modeling and business simulation. The elimination of superfluous reports saves a great deal of time by concentrating on the main theme of the idea and the true costs associated with it. However, should you decide to use a full business plan for purposes of venture funding, the Idea Composer information will speed up the formal plan process considerably. The Idea Composer should be your first step with any comprehensive business plan.
How does the Idea Composer rate my idea?
- The program looks for obvious flaws in the process through a series of algorithms. Optionally, the Coach Works will add to the rating through vetting by the coaches and other specialized procedures conducted by the Hilosoft staff.
- The Idea Composer is a Windows-based program. You will need to use an emulation program like Apple's Boot Camp or other available programs that allow Windows programs to run on the Apple OS operating system. A copy of the Windows operating system is also required.